Guestlogix Class Action Settlement
A settlement in this class action was approved by the court on August 17, 2020. A copy of the Reasons for Decision and Order approving the settlement may be reviewed here.
The Defendants have agreed to pay or cause to be paid CAD 1,275,000 to settle the class action. The settlement is a compromise of disputed claims and is not an admission of liability or wrongdoing by the Defendants. The Settlement Amount, less Class Counsel’s fees and disbursements, administration expenses and taxes, will be distributed to the Class on a pro rata share in accordance with the Court-approved Plan of Allocation. The Agreement and Plan of Allocation may be reviewed in the Motion Record.
To be eligible to receive part of the Settlement funds, Class Members must submit a completed Claim Form to Class Counsel no later than Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 11:59 pm. You may file a Claim Form in PDF (see link below) and submit by email, but we encourage you to use our online claim form.
For more information, please review the Long-Form Notice of Settlement Approval here.
Please contact Class Counsel at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1-866-203-6184 if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
You are a class member if you (i) acquired Guestlogix’s securities in the period between June 8, 2015 up to and including November 12, 2015, and (ii) held some or all of those securities at the close of trading on November 12, 2015.
You are not a class member if you are (i) a subsidiary, affiliate, officer, director, senior employee (including respective legal representatives), heir, predecessor, successor or assign of Guestlogix; (ii) a member of either Brett Proud’s or Patrick Leung’s immediate family; and/or (iii) any entity in which any of the foregoing has or had any legal or de facto controlling interest during the Class Period.
Claim Forms must be submitted by email only to email@example.com on or before 11:59 PM EST on November 17, 2020.
If you are not able to submit your Claim Form by email, please contact Class Counsel to discuss other options.”
- ISIN # CA40163P1036
- CUSIP Identifier Number: 40163P
- TSX Ticker Symbol: GXI
Contact Class Counsel by telephone or email addressed to:
GuestLogix Class Action Counsel
c/o Jacqueline Horvat
If you wish to receive email notifications from us when there are developments in this class action settlement, please provide your name and email address below.
We will not use your information for any purpose other than to provide you with updates on the Guestlogix Class Action settlement.
For more detailed information, please refer to the documents below:
June 2020 – Motion for Certification, Leave to Proceed under the Securities Act, and Approval of Notices and Dates
- Motion Record – The court materials filed on the motion for certification, leave to proceed under the Securities Act, and approval of notices and dates.
- Decision of Justice Perrell – The decision of Justice Perrell on the motion above.
- Opt Out Form – If you wish to opt out of the class in this matter, please download this form and submit it to the email address set out above.
- Long Form Notice
- Motion Record – The court materials filed on the motion for approval of settlement and fees.
- Decision of Justice Perrell – The decision of Justice Perrell on the motion above
- Claim Form – If you wish to submit your claim, please use our online claim form to submit your claim. Alternatively, you may download this form and submit it to the email address set out above. Must be received no later than November 17, 2020.
- Long Form Notice
- Plan of Allocation – Sets out the procedure to apply for a Distribution from the Compensation Fund; the guidelines for determination of eligibility; and manner of allocation and Distribution to each Authorized Claimant.